We are World of Tanks development branch in Prague and we are searching for Art Manager to nurture our strong art team. Being in that role you’ll be working directly on our beloved free-to-play PC game – World of Tanks.
Here in Prague we have built a family-like production team of 130 people and planning to stay flat at least for now. Among those people we have several gameplay cross-functional teams as well as one Art team being able to produce, test and deliver features of any size: meta, gameplay, tanks, styles, maps, hangars and many more.
From you we expect a knowledge and experience, open-minded gentle approach and a lot of patience. In exchange we can offer a fair honest approach, good strong team and challenging tasks on our flagship product.
What will you do?
- you’ll get a cross-functional art team of all the domains needed for content production in our game: 2D, 3D, Level Art, Environment Art, VFX, Tech Art. This team will be reporting to you directly
- your daily job will be to make sure that the team is fully-fledged, prepared for the ongoing tasks and long-term challenges. This means, that you will be as well responsible for hiring, career paths, salaries etc.
- you’ll have to take over the current art standards and improve them in order to improve overall art production quality bar in Prague, make sure all the team members aligned on them and meet the requirements
- you’ll be in touch with global Art discipline on long-term strategy, pipelines, and approaches. Your responsibility will be to adjust them to our local Prague needs, implement and integrate
- your people will be developing the World of Tanks features in cross-functional team, led by Producer, your task here is to pick the right people for the appropriate job, to support them daily, make sure they do their best, teach them and keep them busy
People you’ll be working with closely:
- Development Director – on studio strategy and goals, roadmap planning
- Art Director – on art vision, growing Art owners in-house
- Producer – on daily features your team will be working on
- Art sub leads – on art team development
What are we looking for?
- 12 or more years in art
- 4 or more years of experience of building strong cross-functional art teams:
- a broad professional experience and knowledge in any of art production domains: 2D, 3D, environment, or level art
- an experience with complex art projects/features production with cross-disciplinary teams, ideally in game development
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Up to 10 Personal Days per calendar year
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Language courses (English, Russian, Czech) fully covered by the company upon Manager’s approval.
- Meal card – 150 CZK net contribution for each business day
- Multisport Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Transportation allowance
- Premium private health care
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
- To learn more about our studio in Prague, follow this link: https://prague.wargaming.com/