Wargaming is looking for a Senior Game Designer to work on the legendary World of Tanks action MMO game with 160 million registered users worldwide.
Lead Game Designer
What will you do?
- Feature owning in separate team on the project. Controlling the game design direction and final quality of the features.
- Working with meta and core gameplay. Focus here may differ depending on the current team’s priorities and backlog.
- Mentoring other game designers, working with other teams as game design expert.
- Participation in brainstorms & playtests.
- Being responsible of translating the high-level game vision and design direction into tangible gameplay elements which work in concert with each other and with the other core disciplines (LD, narrative, level, art, sound and tech) to createcompelling and fun game experiences for the player.
- Designing and communicating consistent game experiences across all main AAA platforms.
- Using input from research, data analysis, and other teams to deeply understand customers and drive design decisions.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience as a Game Designer.
- Good understanding of the modern f2p game design from sides of both core and meta gameplay.
- Deep shooter experience: as a player or as a game designer.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work within restrictions to solve problems as they occur.
- Active contribution to the growth of the studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility to increase the quality of the game and health of the team.
- Deep understanding of the needs of game users, familiar with the various processes of game production and operation.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
Working experience in role of a game designer in shooter, RPG or strategy games.
- Experience of prototyping or of rapid iteration-based features development.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Prague include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Up to 10 Personal Days per calendar year
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Language courses (English, Russian, Czech) fully covered by the company upon Manager’s approval.
- Meal card – 150 CZK net contribution for each business day
- Multisport Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Transportation allowance
- Premium private health care
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
- To learn more about our studio in Prague, follow this link: https://prague.wargaming.com/