We're seeking a new colleague with an epic sense of humor, ready to seamlessly integrate into our team and embrace the unique vibes of our studio culture. Join us on this epic gaming adventure!
Wargaming MS-1 studio is looking for a skilled 3D Rigger to create rigs and skins, as well as write scripts for animators. You will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and sharing knowledge while developing new skills.
We need a self-driven team enthusiast based in Europe who will closely collaborate with the Lead Animator, a squad of artists, and our Art Director. Your mission: breathe life into our characters and various assets. To conquer this role, you must wield exceptional verbal and written skills, steering the ship in our internal and external feedback and critique discussions.
MS-1 stands as Wargaming's leading mobile development studio, responsible for the acclaimed cross-platform shooter, World of Tanks Blitz, and the mobile naval combat game, World of Warships Blitz. With a portfolio exceeding 160 million downloads, MS-1 has secured its position in the gaming industry.
Spanning across multiple locations, MS-1 operates from primary offices in Vilnius, Berlin, and Nicosia. The studio boasts an international and multicultural team comprising around 300 professionals, each bringing diverse backgrounds and experiences in development, publishing, and operations to the table.
What will you be doing?
- Creating high-quality rigs and skins.
- Collaborating with artists/outsource partners, to ensure models satisfy technical requirements for rigging.
- Working closely with animators to develop efficient and user-friendly animation rigs.
- Creating and maintaining tools to support the asset creation process.
- Helping to design, construct, document, and implement pipeline procedures.
- Prototyping/Researching new techniques and processes.
- Helping to support off-site development partners.
- Using Unreal Engine to integrate the skinned meshes and LODS into the game.
Who are we looking for?
- Proven Advanced rigging expertise in the gaming industry
- Strong knowledge of Maya and understanding of human and creature anatomy
- Python scripting experience
- Experience making tools and supporting processes to aid the asset pipeline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Effective troubleshooting and creative problem-solving approach
- Diligent self-management for individual and team tasks, schedules, and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on optimization, asset management, and multi-software proficiency
- Portfolio of your work displaying unique rigging techniques
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- C++ programming language
- Unreal 5 experience
- Unreal 4 development experience, including using cloth and physics systems.
- Knowledge of Perforce and GIT
- Creating and maintaining animation blueprints
- A keen eye for animation quality
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Prague include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Up to 10 Personal Days per calendar year
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Language courses (English, Russian, Czech) fully covered by the company upon Manager’s approval.
- Meal card – 160 CZK contribution per work shift
- Multisport Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Transportation allowance
- Premium private health care
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
- To learn more about our studio in Prague, follow this link: https://prague.wargaming.com/
*Please note that the role is not eligible for immigration support.