We are growing our Prague based development studio and we’re looking for a Game Developer to work on new and exciting features for not just our groundbreaking MMO title World of Tanks PC, which has over 100 million players worldwide.
As an engineer you will be focusing on development of new gameplay features and modes for World of Tanks. Your role will span across all game components, systems, engine, tools and cover all phases of the development cycle.
To be successful, you’ll need to have a passion for the video game industry. Previous video game industry experience isn’t essential but a hunger to learn is. In return, we will provide you with guidance throughout your professional growth, support, an environment where you can thrive and have the opportunity to make great games.
The Game Developer will report to the Engineering Manager.
What will you do?
- Implement client-server logic for new versions of World of Tanks
- Optimize and re-factor game code and dependent modules
- Prototype and implement new game mechanics
- Learn about architecture of big MMO game
- Work together with experienced game developers on highly efficient (memory and performance) client components interacting with the game server
- Help improve our engine extending tools and core engine functionality
Who are we looking for?
- Good knowledge of Python (primary language for WoT)
- Experience in C++
- Team player who enjoys cooperation with others
- Experience with OOP and understanding of its principles
- Unit-test and debugging skills
- Passion for game development
- Willingness to work at least 3 days per week in the office
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Open minded and generalized approach to game development
- Organizing/participating in code reviews
- Experience with version control systems
- Good understanding of most common data structures
- At least one finished game
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Prague include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Up to 10 Personal Days per calendar year
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Language courses (English, Russian, Czech) fully covered by the company upon Manager’s approval.
- Meal card – 150 CZK net contribution for each business day
- Multisport Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Transportation allowance
- Premium private health care
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
- To learn more about our studio in Prague, follow this link: https://prague.wargaming.com/
*Please note that this position is not eligible for visa support.