We are looking for a skilled Technical Animator who is adept at problem-solving, supportive of the Animation team in its daily needs, and highly experienced with the Unreal Engine. Candidates should be comfortable developing the animation blueprints and implementing ad hoc fixes that are needed for rapid game animation prototyping. They should also be comfortable adapting to novel animation systems and be able to aid in the implementation of new animation technology. Most importantly, we are looking for someone responsive, self-initiating, and who works well with others.
What You Will Do:
- Work inside the Unreal Engine to set and develop the gameplay animation blueprints
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to establish, refine, and optimize animation pipelines and procedures.
- Create Animation and Art tools for artists and animators, using relevant scripting languages such as Python.
- Work with all aspects of the animation export and implementation pipeline.
- Work with animators to resolve any roadblocks to their workflow.
- Work with TDs to integrate final and intermediate rigs in-game.
- Manage online Animation databases, including cleaning up obsolete data and optimizing workflow.
- Communicate with Design and Engineering to better anticipate and advise on animation-related technical issues.
- Help generate and set up assets needed for the game’s animation systems. This includes overlays, mirror tables, character templates, and designing animation system flow through visual scripting.
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Motionbuilder, or similar 3D packages.
- Experience building animation systems such as Animation Blueprints, Mecanim, Morpheme, or comparable systems.
- Experience managing and updating animation pipeline tools.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the games industry with a focus on animation game systems.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- Comfortable with industry standard scripting language such as Python MEL script, LUA, etc.
- Familiar with Havok and or FBX SDK.
NICE TO HAVE:
- 1-3 Shipped AAA games.
- Degree in Computer Animation, Computer Science, or related degree.
- Comfortable with version control software, particularly Perforce.
- Familiar with asset/ Task tracking clients like JIRA and Shotgun.
WHO WE ARE:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create